Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician position requires frequent travel to customer sites to assist with installation, servicing and repair of automated packaging machinery. This skilled position is located at our Brampton, Ontario facility.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Able and willing to travel a minimum of 75% of the time to perform tasks at customer sites.
- Assist and learn from experienced field service technicians and machine assemblers.
- Troubleshoot packaging machines and resolve mechanical, electrical, and programming issues.
- Communicate effectively with field service advisors to resolve technical issues.
- Establish a positive and professional relationship with customer personnel.
- Be proactive at learning new components and design principles as they are introduced.
- Proactively identify product/service sales opportunities at customer sites that will enhance customer’s packaging processes.
- Assist with related tasks and projects.
- Keep work area orderly and clean
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Must have a two year technical degree in machine automation or related field such as Mechatronics, Robotics, Fluid Power, Aeronautics Maintenance, or Industrial Maintenance.
- Must be able to use a variety of equipment and hand tools.
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints, machine drawings, and electrical drawings.
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping.
- Two years of demonstrated work experience in the packaging manufacturing industry or a related technical field.
- Must have a good mechanical and electrical background in a manufacturing or production environment, preferably in the packaging manufacturing industry.